Posts Tagged ‘exaile’
Exaile is a music player aiming to be similar to KDE’s Amarok, but for GTK+ and written in Python. It incorporates many of the cool things from Amarok (and other media players) like automatic fetching of album art, handling of large libraries, lyrics fetching, artist/album information via Wikipedia, Last.fm submission support, and optional iPod support via a plugin.
It has many features that make amarok great…
- Automatic fetching of album art
- Handling large music libraries
- Lyrics fetching
- Fetches Artist/Album information from Wikipedia
And some features that amarok does not have…
- Tabbed playlist interface
- Song Blacklist Manager
- I could not find the Global Hotkeys feature
If you want to try exaile, you can download exaile and install it yourself.
Tags: app, Audio, exaile, gtk, mp3, music, player, review
Posted in Applications, Audio, Gnome | 8 Comments »