An exclusive report on where we are, and a necessary mirror for our naked emperors.
You may not agree with all that is said in this report(I know I don’t) but this is a must read for all who are interested in Open Source and Linux. The report is rather large(25 pages) but is a very engaging read.
- The kernel and friends, take one
- The bugs, in the open
- Our friends, the software patents
- Devil’s advocate: what if…
- Detrimental to Linux at large
- The lost battle of the GPLv3
- The business model
- The package management
- What does it mean to be stable
- Eye-candy: competing with Vista?
- The security model
- Hype vs. real needs
- Our friends are our foes
- You can leave your hat on
- Documentation, at large
- Fixing bugs by not fixing them at all
- The Debian kindergarten
- Freedom and myths
- The kernel 2.6.20
- 2.6.16 and 2.4.35: does anyone care?
- KDE vs. GNOME
- Alice in BSD-land
- Shooting yourself in the foot
- The Awakening
del.icio.us | Digg it | reddit | StumbleUpon
Posted in News | No Comments »