Konqueror is one of my favorite Linux applications. But as a File manager, it has a slight problem – the sidebar. I have never used it. I cannot understand why it is turned on by default. It is easy to hide it by pressing F9 – but I want to turn it off permanently.
- First, open a folder using Konqueror.
- Window->Hide Navigation Panel(F9)
- Settings->Save View Profile(File Management)
- Overwrite the existing File Management profile
- Restart Konqueror – this time the sidebar will be hidden.
If you want to see the sidebar again, just press F9.