I expected my MP3 player series will end with the last post – but the comments pointed to some other players. Two players stood out – so I decided that I will review them as well. The first one is Listen. Its a Gtk player written in Python.
- Supports Shoutcast Webradio
- Supports Podcast
- Multiple Display modes
- Wikipedia Integration
- Native Lyrics Support
- No Global Shortcuts
- At least, none that I could find.
- “Interesting” Layout
- The layout is kinda different from the standand layout of amaroK, Exaile, Rythmbox etc. I am still getting used to it. But once you get the hang of it, it could turn out to be a better system than the one that the other players use.
- Shows up on mouse hover and track change.
- Tray Icon
- Supports play/pause with middle click.
- Music Library
- Listen has a music library – but it supports only a single folder as its library folder.
del.icio.us | Digg it | reddit | StumbleUpon
Tags: Audio, Gnome, gtk, listen, mp3, music, player, review
Posted in Applications, Audio, Gnome | 7 Comments »